The Cisco SPA112 2-Port Phone Adapter bridges the gap between analog phones and/or fax to VoIP. The SPA112 includes two standard analog telephone ports to connect existing analog phones or fax machines to a VoIP service provider (Masiero).
Where is it located?
There are two primary locations where a Cisco SPA112 are normally installed:
- Near the fax machine, typically within 3ft to 5ft (when supporting faxing).
- In the Information Technology (IT) area, closet, metal rack, or shelf.
Note, A Cisco SPA112 could be installed in alternative locations depending on the environment or other necessary requirements.
What does it look like?
The physical dimensions of the unit are approximately 4" L x 4" W x 1" H. The top of the unit will have white lettering with "2-Port Phone Adapter" on it.
On the rear, there will be two standard telephone ports labeled "PHONE 1" and "PHONE 2", an Ethernet port labeled "INTERNET", factory reset pin-hole labeled "RESET", and electrical power port labeled "DC 5V POWER".
How to restart a Cisco SPA112
In the event that you are experiencing trouble with an analog telephone phone or having difficulty sending or receiving faxes, please contact Masiero (email@example.com | 845-335-1300).
Please do not restart the Cisco SPA112 or any other equipment unless otherwise instructed by a Masiero Engineer.
- Remove the power cable connected into the DC 5V Power port located on the rear of the unit.
Note, all of the light indicators on the top of the unit will be off.
- Wait five seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable into DC 5V Power port located on the rear of the unit.
- Wait two to three minutes for the device to boot and be fully operational again.