*** IMPORTANT ***
Do not reset your modem unless you have been advised to do so by a member of the Masiero Team. Also, do not reset your router if you have been advised to reset your modem! Your router is a different piece of equipment that is typically provided by Masiero. The router will look like the photos below:
List of Common Modem Manufacturers:
How to restart Cable Internet Modem
The cable modem is supplied by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as Spectrum, Verison FiOS, Optimum, Frontier, etc. Before performing any action, please confirm the identity of the device you are restarting. Consult the section List of Common Modem Manufacturers to help with identification.
Please do not restart/reset or modify any other equipment that may be plugged into or around the modem.
- Unplug the only power cord from the back of the modem and remove any backup batteries that are installed.
Note, to confirm that the modem is no longer receiving power, check the light indicators. All of the light indicators should be off.
- Wait 30 seconds before continuing.
- Reconnect the power cord to the modem and reinsert any batteries that maybe have been removed during Step One.
- Wait two to five minutes for the Cable Modem to fully turn on or boot.
Note, during this period the light indicators may flash intermittently or remain solid.
- Attempt to connect to the network using the Internet Service by browsing to multiple websites or by sending an email.
- If you are subscripted to Masiero Voice Service, restart each VoIP phone provided by Masiero to ensure reconnection to the network and internet service.