Please refer to Grandstream's headset compatibility for important details, click here to view online or download the PDF attachment below.
Important Note: GXP2130v2/2135/2140/2160/2170 only supports answering calls and
ending calls via Bluetooth headset. Volume adjustment and redial are not implemented.
Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth Class 2 of version 2.1
Check if Bluetooth is enabled by default
- Press the "dot" key or Menu key.
- Select System.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Review "Bluetooth status".
While Bluetooth is turned on, Grandstream phones are discoverable by other Bluetooth
devices. To make the phone undiscoverable, Bluetooth needs to be turned off.
Pairing to a Bluetooth device
- Press the "dot" key or Menu key -> System -> Bluetooth.
- Select the "Start Scan" option.
- The Grandstream phone will scan then display the names of all the available Bluetooth devices.
If the wanted device does not show up in the list, make sure the device is turned on and set to
be discoverable. Press “Clear” and “Rescan” softkeys to restart the scanning process.
- The discovered devices will show up in the scan result list with devices names. If it is not paired, it will show the status "Unpaired" next to the device name. Select the wanted device, and press “Pair”
softkey to pair it with the GXP Phone. Then a window will prompt where you can find a randomly generated PIN Code needed to complete the pairing. Default PIN Code is usually "0000".
Connecting to a Bluetooth device
After successfully paired, the Grandstream phone will show the status "Paired" next to the Bluetooth device name in the scan list.
- Select the paired device then press "Connect" softkey.
- Once connected, the Grandstream phone will show the status "Connected" next to the Bluetooth device name in the scan list.
Unpairing and disconnecting a Bluetooth device
In the Bluetooth settings, highlight the Bluetooth device name and press “Disconnect”/”Unpair” softkey.
Once disconnected/unpaired, the Grandstream phone will show the status “Disconnected/unpaired” next to the Bluetooth device name.
Using Bluetooth Headset
Bluetooth headsets can answer/terminate inbound calls from Bluetooth headsets.
Bluetooth ON / Bluetooth OFF
After the Bluetooth headset is successfully connected, the Grandstream phone will show “BT On”
softkey on the call screen. Press "BT On" to active Bluetooth headset.
When “BT Off” softkey shows up on the call screen and the Bluetooth icon on the status bar changes to be solid, which means the Bluetooth headset is ready to use.
When BT is on, both the Bluetooth headset and the Grandstream phone will alert for incoming calls. The user may answer using the button on the Bluetooth headset.
During an active call, the user may switch the audio channel between Bluetooth headset and phone handset
by pressing “BT Off”/”BT On” softkey.
Sourced from Grandstream's Bluetooth User Guide for GXP21XX series documentation.